What is the magical formula of success? The answer to that ever challenging question is that there are actually many different formulas that can lead to success. One of the realizations that all business people have to come to grips with is that there are many S.Y.S.T.E.M.S (Save Yourself Stress, Time, Energy and Money Strategies) that you have to set up in order to achieve the level of success that you may be looking for.
An example of one of those SYSTEMS would be how do you set up for your day? Some of the steps include:
- Plan your day. After all, how do you know you have reached your destination if you have no idea where you are going? Do you just get behind the wheel of a car and start driving with no clear direction of where you are going? The strategy for success is that you do this, the night before. Then, when you get up the next day, you know exactly where you are going saving you stress, time, energy and money. Speaking of getting up;
- Get up early. You will find some of the most successful people do this. It gives you a head start on your day. You can have a leisurely breakfast, adjust any activities that had been set the night before due to events that happened during the night, meditate, or, visualize how your day will unfold and what the end result at the end of the day will be. This, in turn, saves you stress, time, energy and money. Also, you are now ready to do the;
- First task, the most difficult one. You are most equipped to handle this now. You are rested, energized and focused. However, how many of us procrastinate because we always default to the worst case scenario being the outcome of doing this particular task. What I, as well as others, have found is that it never is. The benefits of doing this task first are many and include; a sense of accomplishment, starting with the win and freedom. As well as being clear and focused which now saves you stress, time, energy and money. Sometime during the day, you need to take some time for;
- Exercise. The mind cannot function properly if the body is sick. Further, the body gets sick if it is not healthy. It is as Zig Ziglar said: “A healthy mind breeds a healthy body and vice versa.” If both mind and body are in tune, then during any scenario that presents itself, you are more able to handle it, therefore, saving yourself stress, time, energy and money. You keep the habit going by making sure you also take the time to;
- Read. In today’s hyperactive world where everything changes it seems on a daily basis, one has to stay abreast of the changes that affect their business. Staying current allows you the luxury of saving yourself stress, time, energy and money.
The above is only one of the many S.Y.S.T.E.M.S. that we work on together in The Action Suite where the talking stops and the doing gets done. Ready to start working on how to Save Yourself Stress, Time, Energy and Money Strategies? When do we start?