I have observed that there has been a lot of wishing, praying and hoping going on today and a lot less of planning, doing and being. In other words, a vast number want to accomplish, or, do something, but take absolutely no ‘action’ to make it a reality.
There has been a lot written in the past about this without giving some clear direction as to what one can do in order to make taking ‘action’ easier.
• What do you want to accomplish? You have to be very clear as to what the final destination looks like. In The Action Suite, we work on setting those destinations with you and we make sure that you have the knowledge, know-how, and tools to reach your destination effectively, efficiently and immediately. However, this will not work if you don’t have a clear destination in mind.
• What obstacles will you run up against? Let’s admit now that there will be obstacles and the biggest obstacle will in all likelihood be ourselves. Some of these obstacles may be a direct result from mistakes we make which makes us reluctant to try anything else when we run against the obstacles that will appear. Albert Einstein stated: “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” It’s the ‘new’ action that makes us all grow. Make those mistakes.
• What do you fear? For a lot of us, it is success. You find something that you are actually passionate about and now you feel that you are playing for higher stakes as the results matter more. If we look at the acronym for F.E.A.R.; False Evidence Appearing Real and keep that in mind, we should actually embrace fear. The reason is that it shows us where there is room for growth and gives us the road map on how to leave our comfort zone. Remember, you have to leave your comfort zone in order to learn.
• Where do I go to get help? One of the easiest places would be someone that has ‘been there, done that.’ There is no substitute for experience. Be it a mentor, business associate or coach/trainer. Having someone to guide you and shorten the learning curve is always worth the investment as you are making that investment in yourself. That is what The Action Suite is all about. I bring over 40 years of ‘been there, done that’ experience to you.
• Why can’t I do it like I have always done it? Well, one reason is like our old friend Albert Einstein said: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” That is, of course, if you are looking for different results. You know what you get from what you are doing. However, are you not looking for something better?
Tony Robbins is fond of saying: “The one thing that separates winners from the losers, is, winners, take actions.” How about you? Where are you sitting?
Ready to take action? Register for our program, The Action Suite. This is where the talking stops and the doing gets done and where you will receive the knowledge, know-how and tools to make you more efficient, effective but more importantly, to be able to implement immediately. Take ‘action.’ Stop wishing, hoping and praying and start doing.